THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED
Welsh Bilingual Sight Loss Advisor
This is an exciting job opportunity for a friendly professional fluent in both written and oral Welsh language to join RNIB’s newly established UK Wide Sight Loss Advice Service in Cardiff or Colwyn Bay as a Sight Loss Advisor.
RNIB’s Advice Service is a crucial component of our telephone and online based National Advice and Specialist Services. Providing immediate and effective support, we offer invaluable first-time and in-depth advice to people with sight loss, their family friends and carers.
As a Sight Loss Advisor you’ll provide fast, relevant advice on a wide range of issues. From welfare rights, social care and employment, to education, leisure and daily living – making sure our customers have the information they need to live life to the full.
We are seeking individuals with a proven background in providing Welfare Rights advice alongside a number of different subject areas, specifically to include:
- Assessing the welfare needs of clients and making referrals internally or externally as required.
- Providing assistance on welfare issues.
- Maximising clients’ income by undertaking benefit checks, better off calculations and identifying other means of practical support.
Highly organised, and calm under pressure, you will competently cope with staffing a busy telephone advice service, whilst actively managing a caseload to achieve positive results for our customers. Positive, empathic and motivated, you’ll work on your initiative and as part of a supportive team.
In exchange we offer a competitive salary, a stimulating and supportive working environment and a benefits package including:
- 26 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), which increase with service.
- Excellent pension schemes