THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED
Communications and Marketing Officer
Hours: Full time (requests for 4 days a week / flexible hours considered)
Opportunity for an ambitious Communications and Marketing professional in this newly created role to build and develop the brand of this leading Montessori schools and training provider by using your skills across communications, marketing and events.
The Maria Montessori Institute (MMI) runs Montessori schools (for children aged 2 to 11) across London in addition to in-depth Montessori teacher training courses leading to the award of the Association Montessori Internationale [AMI] Diploma. The Montessori approach promotes hands on, self-paced, collaborative, joyful learning.
As our communications and marketing professional, reporting to the Head of Finance and Resources, your primary remit will be to develop and implement a term-by-term marketing action plan to support pupil recruitment and retention and student recruitment.
This will include:
- Managing the Institute’s brand in the marketplace and the School / Training community.
- Conducting competitive environment research to benchmark the activities of the School / Training against local and regional competitors.
- Managing the Institute’s website (working with the developer) and related social media.
- Creating marketing material (newsletter, brochures, posters, flyers etc.) to promote the Institute.
- Developing relationships with local nurseries, other schools, businesses and the wider community to raise the profile of the school and support recruitment.
- Writing press releases for topics warranting public awareness.
- Maintaining a photo library documenting the activities of the MMI.
In addition to your proven marketing skills, you’ll require excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ideally you’ll be familiar with WordPress and Indesign, with a track record that demonstrates results in raising brand awareness through your activity across the marketing mix.
If you’re a self-starter who relishes the idea of rolling up their sleeves and making an impact, please get in touch.