THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Natural England: Senior Adviser – Wildlife Licencing
Natural England are seeking two experienced Environmental and Wildlife Advisers to support the local delivery of environmental outcomes and wildlife licencing requests for major infrastructure projects including Heathrow Expansion and High Speed Two.
The Senior Adviser roles will be based either within the Thames Team, or the Dorset, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Team. As a Senior Advisor, you will lead on the provision of local technical advice on a range of species and work closely with our customers and the contractors implementing the scheme on the ground. This will involve working closely with the local project teams and with local related stakeholders. Through this work you will seek to ensure that the translation of strategic plans to local implementation maximises direct gains to the natural environment. You will also identify opportunities for environmental gain through negotiation with our customers and to assist them in compliance with the appropriate environmental legislation.
Key to these roles will be your
- Sound knowledge of British vertebrate species, together with an area of biological expertise;
- Proven track record of survey and mitigation techniques;
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation;
- Sound knowledge of new licencing policies and experience in determining and submitting protected species licence applications for European protected Species, particularly bats and/or great crested newts;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective communication with a range of internal and external customers and the ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service skills.
In return we offer a variety of benefits including flexible working hours and practices to help you strike a good balance between your work life and your personal life. We will also encourage you to keep developing your skills and professional knowledge throughout your career, including allocating ten working days each year for your personal development.
Closing Date: August 28, 2017
View other Natural England jobs