Carbon Trust: Receptionist
The Carbon Trust is seeking an experienced Receptionist for our London office. Reporting to the Office Manager you will be the primary contact for Carbon Trust visitors, assisting staff with office requirements and Health and Safety whilst supporting the Office Management Team in the day to day running of the office.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission. We partner many leading organisations around the world, helping them contribute to and benefit from a more sustainable future.
We advise businesses, governments and the public sector on their opportunities in a sustainable low carbon world as well as design and manage complex projects that overcome barriers and deliver real results. We also provide independent services that recognise achievements in sustainability and have helped hundreds of businesses improve the way they work.
- Meeting and greeting clients, announcing visitors and coordinating room bookings.
- Liaise with the landlord, the cleaners and maintenance for facilities requirements such as air conditioning, coffee machines, the cleaners, the kitchen, café and reception equipment and deliveries.
- Responsible for office tidiness and printer areas
- Assisting with establishing video conferencing and audio conferencing sessions in the meeting rooms.
- Assisting office manager and office coordinator with health and safety record keeping, new starters and inductions.
- Preparation of monthly near miss reports.
- Ensure monthly H&S walk arounds are completed.
- Respond to both office management and health and safety related services desk queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure all environmental delivery and facilities records are filed appropriately.
- Other ad-hoc tasks to support the Office Manager and Office Coordinator as required.
- Overall support of the Office Management team in all areas.
We are looking for:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Someone who enjoys being front of house
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to stay upbeat and calm under pressure
- Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary for this permanent role and a performance based bonus scheme. Hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, a pension scheme and an opportunity to join our employee partnership scheme.
Our offices are close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations and offer gym membership either on site or subsidised, travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena. If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
Closing date: 25th August, 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Closing Date: 25 August, 2017
View other Carbon Trust jobs