THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED
Parliamentary Relations Manager
Using your parliamentary relations experience, the role of Parliamentary Relations Manager is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in ensuring elected representatives are well informed about NHS Improvement’s work.
As Parliamentary Relations Manager, you will focus on helping to ensure that NHS Improvement is engaging effectively with constituency MPs, all-party parliamentary groups, peers and parliamentary staff to achieve organisational objectives. This role is key to ensuring that NHS Improvement has knowledge of and insight from parliamentary activity. The post-holder will work closely with colleagues from across the organisation and within the strategic communications team to fulfil these responsibilities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head of Parliamentary Relations to deliver the parliamentary engagement component of the Communications Strategy;
- Contributing to ensuring NHS Improvement fulfils its statutory accountability duties and its wider commitment to transparency. This includes direct responsibility for responding to Parliamentary Questions and helping to prepare for Select Committee appearances.
- Developing and delivering parliamentary engagement strategies both for specific issues and themes and for the longer term, consistent with achievement of the NHS Improvement Business Plan;
- Helping to ensure that NHS Improvement’s senior leadership, including the Executive team, is well advised and supported on the planning and delivery of parliamentary communications
- Directly engaging with constituency MPs about issues impacting their constituents.
Key to this role will be your successful track record of delivering proactive stakeholder engagement with evidence of measurable impact gained within a parliamentary relations or public affairs function in a high profile organisation or consultancy. The ability to handle significant volumes of highly complex and sensitive information to meet challenging deadlines is essential.
In return we offer a competitive salary, plus a generous defined benefit pension scheme, competitive annual leave offer and the option for genuine flexible working arrangements.