THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED
IT Systems Administrator
We are looking for a motivated IT Systems Administrator with strong analytical and problem solving skills to join the IT Team and support our offices both internally and in the UK. The successful candidate will administer and implement IT on premise, cloud systems, infrastructure and service delivery with the aim of maximising their business value.
The Carbon Trust’s mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides cutting edge advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Helping deploy, maintain and upgrade IT on premise and cloud based systems and services
- Identifying and taking appropriate actions to address actual or imminent technical issues within the system
- Developing and maintaining an expert knowledge of the technical architecture of the system, ensuring system documentation is maintained
- Taking ownership of issues arising in the environment and manage through to closure
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of the use of supported systems from both the business and technical perspectives
- Reviewing security requirements and measures for new services and systems, making recommendations as necessary to ensure appropriate and cost-effective security measures are in place at all times
- Constantly engaging with the user community and developing strong relationships with stakeholders
- Recommending and leading system process improvements and application enhancements
We are looking for:
- An appropriate technical qualification – e.g. MCSE, Degree or Diploma in IT, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a 2nd/3rd line technical support role for general IT infrastructure (Virtualised ESX/WINTEL environment)
- Good capabilities with MS Office, including technical aspects
- Considerable experience in a technical support role for Microsoft Office 365 system administration (Exchange/Outlook, Skype for Business and user/license management)
- Good communications skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues clearly and relevantly to a non-technical audience
- Self-motivating and proactive approach
Desirable skills and experience:
- Relevant technical experience (e.g. Avaya IP Office telephony, CISCO/HP network hardware, Lenovo laptops)
- IT security experience and/or qualification
- Microsoft Software Systems Centre
- Office 365 SharePoint experience
Salary & Benefits
We offer a market rate salary for this permanent role and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our offices are close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations and offer gym membership either on site or subsidised, travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please follow the link to our application page.
We are an equal opportunities employer, have a diverse workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.