THIS JOB HAS NOW CLOSED
Director of Operations
Required from 7th May 2018 – but start date is fully negotiable
The Cranmer Education Trust, based at The Blue Coat School, Oldham, Greater Manchester, is looking for a Director of Operations to add strategic leadership capability and provide operational management to our professional and dedicated Senior Leadership Team. You will lead and manage the operation of the Trust’s business to ensure that all support service functions, structures, working practices and contracts are fit-for-purpose, best value, and serve the needs of the Trust as it grows and develops. There is, of course, no requirement that you be a qualified teacher.
We would like the successful applicant to take up post ideally from 7th May 2018, but we understand that we might need to be flexible regarding this date, to meet notice requirements.
The post-holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the Cranmer Education Trust, a growing Multi-Academy Trust, alongside the CEO, the Headteachers of the schools, and the Finance Director. You will be the strategic lead for all support staff within the Trust, leading and managing the operation of the Trust’s business to ensure that all support service functions, structures, working practices and contracts are fit-for-purpose, best value, and serve the needs of the Trust as it grows and develops. Finance and capital/estates will be managed by the Finance Director, with whom you will work closely as the business expands.
You will be in the forefront of change. As we bring new schools as organisations into the Trust, you will focus on change management strategy and delivery for the staff involved, securing the balance between being part of the Trust family, culture, ethos and systems, and a local identity which is strongly connected to the community that the school serves.
- An exciting post in a dynamic and growing organisation.
- The opportunity to shape and develop a service that makes a real difference to the lives of children and young people.
- The challenge and stimulation of working alongside both dedicated educationalists and professionally highly-qualified colleagues.
- Experienced and capable support service managers, across the organisation, who will become your team.
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 31, plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Final salary pension scheme, including 20.6% employer contribution.
- National Terms and Conditions, in line with the Green Book.